SHORT FILMS PROMOTING UKRAINE p.2
- No comments
- Read: 889
Introducing another part of promoting films about Ukraine. Four more will present you beautiful views, places especially Carpathians, Crimea, Khersonesos, Alushta, Kiev, Lviv, Castle Olesko, Chernivtsi, Donetsk, and other .... It is worth seeing these places mandatory!
If you are looking for something similar, check RELATED ENTRIES at the end of this article.
Beautiful Ukrainian Carpathians
Ukrainian Carpathians (ukr. Українські Карпати), part of the Eastern Carpathians - a section of the Carpathian Arc. The highest peak of this part of the Carpathian mountain system, is - Hoverla (ukr. Говерла). Located in the northwestern part of the band Charnohora, is the highest mountain of Ukraine - 2061 mnpm. The Ukrainian Carpathians are divided into two parts: 1). Outer Eastern Carpathians - built from the Carpathian flysch, and 2). Inner Eastern Carpathians - composed of volcanic rocks, crystalline-.
Huculshchyna (ukr. Гуцульщина) - unique, ethnographic region in the western part of Ukraine. From here comes, Huculy – highlanders Ruthenian-Wallachian origination, who created the original regional culture in the upper basin of the Prut and Cheremosh. Comes from here also, Hucul horse (Hucul) - Horse bread, appreciated for life, strength and resistance. It is a mountain bread, So without any problems these horses, can carry loads even on the icy mountain paths.
Welcome to Ukraine
Ukraine (ukr. Україна) - huge and beautiful country located in Eastern Europe. Independent and sovereign State, which in the Soviet era, was second after the RSFSR – the largest by population and economic potential of the Soviet republic. Area of the country is 603 700 km ² !! It borders: Belarus, Russian Federation, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova and the Black and Azov Sea. Has the largest resources of Chernozem in Europe. Ukraine is located in climates: temperate continental and maritime. The population is approximately 46 million, which gives 26 place in the World. Ukraine's national anthem: "Ukraine is not dead yet", the motto is: „Freedom, Harmony, Good”.
In this promotional film, such places of Ukraine appear:
- Chersonesos Taurica (ukr. Херсонес) - Ancient Greek city situated in the Crimea, being a colony of Miletus in the past, as well as the ancient name of the entire Crimean peninsula. Place of Christening in 988 year by the Ruthenian Prince Vladimir Velykyy – symbolic Christening of Rus. The ruins of the city are located in the city limits of Sevastopol.
- Ukrainian Carpathians (ukr. Українські Карпати) - As part of the Eastern Carpathians, which is a segment of Carpathian Arc, with the highest peak, which is - Hoverla – 2061 mnpm.
- Lviv (ukr. Lviv) – The Royal Capital City Lviv - the biggest city in Western Ukraine, former capital of Eastern Galicia, and now Lviv Oblast. Important center: cultural , scientific, communications, industrial and political and administration of Ukraine. In 1998 year, Downtown / Old City of Lviv was included on the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Castle in Oles'ko (ukr. Олеський замок) - castle / fortress is located on the northeastern side of town Olesko, on top of the hill, among marshies. The castle was built in the first half of the fifteenth century. In Oleski castle was born – Jan III Sobieski – from the grace of God king of Poland, Grand Duke of Lithuania, Ruth, Prussian, Mazovia, żmudzki, inflancki, Smolenski, Siverski in Chernigovski.
- Crimea (ukr. Крим) - peninsula located on the southern of Ukraine, sometimes called the peninsula Taurica, Tauryda or Chersonesos Taurica. Connected by narrow passage with Ukraine, is washed by two seas: Black and Azov. The whole area of the peninsula is part of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea (ukr. Автономна Республіка Крим), with its capital in Simferopol.
In this promo-film about Ukraine you can see:
Alushta (ukr. Алушта) - a wonderful resort in the Crimea, on the shore of the Black Sea. It is located next to the road: Symferopol – Yalta. Alushta is a major tourist center in the Crimea and Ukraine.
Kiev (ukr. Київ) - The capital of Ukraine. Situated on the River Dnieper, is the largest city of Ukraine. Research Center, Educational, political and cultural of Ukrainian State. Place of Christening of Kievan Rus in the 988 year. The cradle of Russ statehood nations.
Lviv (ukr. Lviv) - The capital of Lviv region and the largest city in Western Ukraine. In 1998 year, Lviv downtown is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Chernivtsi (ukr. Чернівці) – a town in Bukovina in the south-western part of Ukraine (Western Ukraine). Located on the river Prut. It has a beautiful historic old town.
Donetsk (ukr. Донецьк) is the name of the current, until 1924 year - or Yuzovka or Yuzov, whereas in the years 1924-1961 - Stalino. Donetsk Oblast Capital, main industrial center of the Donetsk Coal Basin. It is the fourth largest city in Ukraine (agglomeration – 1 566 000 residents 2004 year), the city has an industrial character. Along with neighboring urban centers creates conurbation - like the Górnośląska conurbation (GOP).
Odessa (ukr. Одесса) - The capital of Odessa Oblast. Odessa is the largest seaport of Ukraine. Important transport node: Marine, Rail and air, and yet beautiful, unique and unrepeatable city.
COMMENTS TO THE ARTICLE
YOU CAN LEAVE THE FIRST COMMENT
AND START INTERESTING DISCUSSION
happy reading about Ukraine, We encourage you to actively comment! About page
- Anna B wrote in UNKNOWN VILLAGE MAIDAN :
Hello Marcin, my Grandma Helena née Pachla, had a sister, Karolina, and they lived in the village with my grandfather, Kazimierz Koziol…
- Ew wrote in MAIDAN : THE LAND OF ANCESTORS :
Hello, my grandmother's name was Józefa Pasiniewicz (from home important) in Poland they settled with their grandfather Stanisław Pasiniewicz first…
- Artur wrote in Where to find postage stamps Russian warship … ? :
After many years of absence from the site, greetings, Sir, Mr. Jurek!!! SLAVA UKRAINI! SLAVA MASSAGE! NO WITH RUSSIAN BARBARIA!!!!! Artur Ziaja…
- Marcin C wrote in UNKNOWN VILLAGE MAIDAN :
Hello, my grandfather Wacław Rybotycki lived in Malmanstal. He married Karolina née Pachla. I am looking for information about my ancestors. How…
- Bogdan Luklinski / Spine Specialist wrote in BORYSLAV : TOWN NEAR OIL DEPOSITS :
BORYSLAW - MY MOTHER / FATHER came from Boryslaw.. I know / I was,b.ladne
- Thomas B wrote in MAIDAN : THE LAND OF ANCESTORS :
Hello my grandmother Stefania Walter wife of Julian Walter née Wilińska lived in the village of Majdan, then in Zielona Góra, later…
- Thomas B wrote in MAIDAN : THE LAND OF ANCESTORS :
Hello, my grandmother comes from the village of Majdan ,her name was Stefania Walter née Wilińska, husband Julian Walter. I am asking for…
POPULARArticles, that read the most times
WHAT CAN BE TRANSPORTED BY ... : 157,075
UKRAINIAN LARD: SAŁO.. : 78,155
UKRAINIAN CIGARETTES AND YOU .... : 71,306
BY TRAIN VIA UKRAINE: ... : 61,106
NATIONAL SYMBOLS OF UKRAINE : 57,450
UKRAINIAN LANGUAGE and ALPHABET : 57,313
POLAND - UKRAINE BORDER : 42,833
EXCHANGING CURRENCY IN UKRAINE : 38,558
THE PURCHASE OF RAILWAY TICKETS ... : 37,051
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL : 31,815
HOLIDAYS IN UKRAINE : 31,098
MOBILE IN THE UK.. : 30,727
FAMOUS UKRAINIANS : 29,010
A TRIP THROUGH MEDYKA : 1ST... : 26,440
CRIMEA : AUTONOMOUS REPUB .... : 26,130