THE PURCHASE OF RAILWAY TICKETS IN UKRAINE
- 26 Comments
- Read: 35,386
Buying train tickets on long-distance trains in Ukraine - has always been a problem of tourists traveling on a huge in European-scale, Ukraine. In the absence of good road links and airports - train journey is the basis, for people traveling to the Crimea, Kiev, Kharkiv, Odessa and other large cities in eastern and southern Ukraine. Therefore, in today's article, we'll try to bring you closer to a "ticket problem", which tourists often experience on their own skin. We introduce and we will show you how to solve tickets problem! So stay tuned ...
If you are looking for something similar, check RELATED ENTRIES at the end of this article.
Rail ticket – two words, which often cause a big headache when planning a trip to Ukraine ! Frequent lack of railway ticket in ticket offices (especially in Lviv), lack of information about the trains, total "merging" of tourists at the railway ticket and information offices , rudeness of railway workers and overnight at the station - these are everyday problems, which for years did not change, We of course hope that change ...! The reason for this is "Assimilated corruption in the Ukrainian Railways "" …
If it already happened, that you met situation with no tickets, certainly do not need to fall into despair, and certainly do not have to give up on a fascinating journey. You only need to change the approach and slightly change the mentality - going into the skin, "common" Ukrainian.
And therefore, what should you do, to ease the journey and for 100% get the ticket ?
Invariably tou should be well familiar with the route of travel and specificity of "Ukrainian Railways".
Ukrainian Railways : Specificity
- Ukrainian Railway – is a monopolist in the market for rail services (transport people and goods);
- There are no other carriers, the prices are dictated from above;
- Outdated rolling stock. Trains of higher class usually run on destinations: Lviv-Kiev, Lviv-Kharkiv, Kharkiv-Donetsk, Kharkiv-Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa-Kyiv. .. and other;
- Warming wagons and water is by coal;
- In all the long-distance trains are mandatory sits (beds). Only in the suburban trains, you can sit (anywhere);
- All long-distance trains, are sleeping, beds are everywhere, couches ... the lack of seats (an exception is suburban trains / Polish passenger trains);
- There are wagons lower (ukr. плацкарт / eng. plackart) and higher class (ukr. купе / eng. coupe). The latter are better and more convenient (but more expensive), the first are less convenient and crowded (but cheaper);
- Place in long-distance train - Means to hold the seat / ticket;
- In each wagon works a minimum of one person (usually two) – (ukr. провідник пасажирського вагону) -pol. PROWIDNYK PASAŻYRŚKOGO WAGON, who is an employee of rail, the person responsible for the wagon., checking tickets, order, the discipline (Unfortunately, only in the ideal), issue sheets, Tea preparation, Warming of the wagon and to inform the passenger about the appropriate station and timetable (Unfortunately, it is not always so, as should be);
- In each train should be a branch of the militia, who is watching an order;
- Officially is to prohibit alcohol consumption and smoking on the train (but it is in the ideal);
- Are buffets and "restaurants wagons / cantine”, There are also sales persons carrying: alcohol, cigarettes, snacks ...
„PROVIDNYK OF PASAZHYRSKY WAGON ":
Invariably, "god", boss and the "lord of life and death" in a railroad wagon is "PROVIDNYK". This person, or two persons, are able to take care of everything- of course for the MONEY !!! They know everyone and everything (The Militia, Train Head, regulations ...).
Prepare for travel and the purchase of a ticket ?
Of course, the easiest and surest way to purchase a ticket, is its buying of 45 a day in advance if this is the summer or Christmas. At the normal period you should buy a ticket in advance 2 week-month.
However, buying a ticket from another country (for example, from Poland) is very cumbersome. Internet portals do not guarantee a trouble ticket, problems with cards and carrying out transactions are unfortunately the realities of the Ukrainian approach to innovation. We often do not know when we will have a vacation or whether we will go at all. Therefore, tourists often go "blindly" – and then face the problem of lack of tickets!
We recommend that you so avoid difficult situations and lead to purchase tickets ahead of time!
First of all doczytając to the end of the article you will find out what are the possibilities for independent settlement tickets!
After the second in situations when you cannot purchase tickets on their own, I am able to help: purchase tickets for all calls in Ukraine with a minimum Commission of receiving tickets in each hand in Ukraine. with the purchase of tickets for international calls (which can be booked exclusively in health insurance in Ukraine) Many of you prayers for assistance in purchasing tickets, but not all can I help, especially when it comes to a few tickets. Therefore,: CONTACT. Please contact lead directly on through : Przyjaciele – NieznanaUkraina. Group: Ukrainian Railways – Ukrainian Railways. Questions and requests for purchase of tickets I'm responding alevins there. SERIOUS APPROACH. Please seriously approached to ask for purchase, because I have limited time. How are you sure only Piszcie. FEES. In this connection, that it is time consuming, the charge for the purchase of the tickets will be 50 zł (Once irrelevant how many tickets) + 10% ticket values (min. 1ozł). EXPRESS PURCHASE. Purchase tickets for several days before departure, even a week please conduct yourself, because in such situations not to me to help you. MAKING A PURCHASE. Purchase can be made only after the transfer of a sum of values and commissions on WBK'S account in Poland. THE SHIPMENT: To convey information from the system to purchase tickets, to receive tickets or what kind of box office UkrZaliznyci. Possible reception in Drohobych, or shipping of Polish. I am doing this for the sole purpose of the aid, (a) costs only cover my time zatraty.
Next scan State on what to do if przyjechaliście, a lack of tickets.
And if it's too late to buy tickets ahead of time .... What to do ? How to deal with?
An example of a situation of lack of tickets:
"… group of few persons comes from Poland to Lviv. Youth goes to the capital, but they still need to get to Kiev (600 km). ... They go to the cashier and ask for tickets Lviv-Kyiv for today, or max tomorrow. Lady in the window corresponds to: -"I'm Sorry, but there are no tickets, has been sold out long ago ... " ! Analogous corresponds to your lady from information office ! And what to do ? Everyone is desperate, panic, vacation was planned long ago, and you can't get here … „
For sure the tickets are, simply artificially difficulty is created. This is a standard trick, railway workers applies. Only a few years ago, To purchase a ticket at the rail office, you had to show a valid ID with photo (passport, ID, driving licence, a student ID card), ticket was a personal. When boarding the train you presented it to PROVIDNYK, He verified the data and would let the wagon, to the designated place on the ticket ... . This was always, but the obligation of showing document when buying and boarding - was cancelled ! And this, in turn,, began to foster corruption.
Exception when there are really no tickets at all, is for the most common directions in the most saturated period for tourism, eq. Trip to the Crimea in August. ( You can read about trip to Crimea in 2010 year). Then buying a ticket during under the week is associated with a miracle, and often before for a month-two it is no longer possible.
What to do in a situation of lack of tickets for the train ?
Unfortunately in this situation is not so much to choose from. But with good faith, you can achieve a lot!
- Scattering of the group after the tickets offices and waiting, until someone brings a ticket to return.
It may seem at first glance it is less reliable, but tickets are returned often. Least stresowym solution is to arrange accommodation in Lviv ( while trying sightseeing, for instance by dividing into smaller groups). Proven method, but you must reckon with the fact that part of the group can go earlier, other part later. Certainty: low-medium;
- Turning to rail office in half an hour ( and the best an hour) to departure in order to clarify whether the place appeared, that were "under reservation", i.e. at booking. This places Railway holds on any train. Certainty: low;
- Finding a special office, which can search for and order tickets for other connections and directions.
- Ticket office is called a : „Cервіс - центр по обслуговуванню пасажирів” (eng. Service-Center for servicing passangers). Personally tested method in Simferopol (week before the return), but the cost of the ticket and time travel increased (Instead of 24 hours straight to Lviv, we went to Kiev, and then to Lviv, with the difference in the arrival/departure of trains 5 hours, travel time for 10 hours) . For every ticket pays a 20 hrn (so if 1 you have transfer ticket is more expensive for 40 hrn). Certainty: low-medium;
- Custom action, emergency, if nothing else no longer results in, and we have to go:
- Choose one person from group, who understands and speaks some Russian, or Ukrainian (of course, if such person is);
- Is 1 h. till the departure of train;
- You go on the platform, where it is already substituted train ("providnyk", usually stands at her wagon and checks the tickets);
- We are looking for "providnyk", but such, for which there are no crowds, who stands alone;
- We stand on the side and send the one chosen person to "providnyk"; You should not create crowd, silently, calmly – one person;
- We walk up and talk calmly: „… Good morning, is this situation. In ticket office there are no tickets, the information office does not provide good information ..., there are six of us (for example,) and we go to Kiev. If you can "organize" several places in this train ? No matter what class and which wagon, even if places are scattered throughout the train. We are willing to pay 150-200% ticket values !!! … Could Mr / Ms. help us ? … „.
- We are waiting for a response, which may be: Please wait, just see what we can do, please go inside (As for this one person), or in the extreme case not;
- "Prowvdnyk", sets with the head of the train, take the money (there no more ticket offices no longer);
- Calmly we do what he says, we go to the proper wagon;
- Behave calmly, everybody knows and see everything;
- We thank and we're going to Kiev.
Certainty: medium-high; Honesty: VERY LOW;
On the train are always places. People get in and get off at various railway stations - that is not posiible physically that train can be loaded on 100% ! In special cases, 'providnyk' may provide with a place in his coupe (bedded for 2 persons). This scheme works very strongly and for a long time. Train employees share a "prey", Therefore, nobody will prosecute anyone and ask to leave the train. Sometimes in an emergency, you can "bend the law" – certainly nobody of this would die, and You - certainly will reach your destination !!!
Foreigners no one will be briefly for inspection, inspection ... everybody want to earn and everybody do what they can. Certainly overnight at the station, is not a solution to this situation!
Highly advise against this method, because it better prepared for the trip earlier, rather than favour corruption in Ukraine.
STRONY INTERNETOWE UKRZALIZNYCI:
Official website of "Ukrainian Railway" / Офіційний веб-сайт УкрЗалізниці:
Timetable passenger trains "and" electric passenger trains "with better comfort / Schedule of passenger trains and elektropoïzdìv increased comfort:
Commuter train schedules / Commuter passenger transportation:
We encourage you to comment on this article, and to discuss ! We are confident, that many people had problems with the acquisition of railway tickets in Ukraine. Therefore, we propose to share their own insights, for the general good !!! Of course you can also ask questions to the authors - all the questions we will answer !
Update 2015 year: And no bonus for all who doczytał to the end of the;) For some time now smoothly running system booking.uz. gov.ua-freeso I recommend it in most cases.
Any questions please ask in the thematic group Railways Ukrainian-Ukrainian Railways
COMMENTS TO THE ARTICLE
THERE ARE COMMENTS
WE APPRECIATE YOU COMMENTS (SOME TRANSLATED FROM POLISH)
PLEASE WRITE YOUR COMMENT
SHARING WITH US YOUR THOUGHTS
happy reading about Ukraine, We encourage you to actively comment! About page
- Francis of Turkey wrote in TURKA : CAPITAL OF BOIKIVSKA LAND :
Turka - city, Francis of Turkey. Francis of Turkey: 1) Francis of Turkey…
- Janusz wrote in BALNEOLOGICAL RESORT NEMYRIV :
At the moment the road is renovated so you can go to Budomierz
- Bogumiła Kobeluch wrote in UNKNOWN VILLAGE MAIDAN :
Hello . Looking for information about the Stork family .
- Andrzej K. wrote in MAIDAN : THE LAND OF ANCESTORS :
Andrzej To Mrs. Smolnicka. My mother, nee Wilińska, she came from Maidan. Mummy had three sisters and four brothers. I would like…
- Tadeusz Smolnicki wrote in MAIDAN : THE LAND OF ANCESTORS :
A very interesting article. My grandfather, Michał Smolnicki, was born 1881 in Maidan.
- Arek wrote in WHAT CAN BE TRANSPORTED ACROSS THE BORDER OF UKRAINE? :
Hello. I would like to bring used furniture to my friends, because you can buy it cheaply and in good condition. Are there any…
- Art wrote in BALNEOLOGICAL RESORT NEMYRIV :
last summer 2019 we passed through Niemirow on our way to Lviv, Lubaczow / Budomierz transition. The road on the Ukrainian side from some 2-3 pass…
POPULARArticles, that read the most times
WHAT CAN BE TRANSPORTED BY ... : 151,233
UKRAINIAN LARD: SAŁO.. : 73,424
UKRAINIAN CIGARETTES AND YOU .... : 59,879
BY TRAIN VIA UKRAINE: ... : 59,632
UKRAINIAN LANGUAGE and ALPHABET : 55,664
NATIONAL SYMBOLS OF UKRAINE : 48,161
POLAND - UKRAINE BORDER : 38,361
EXCHANGING CURRENCY IN UKRAINE : 37,324
THE PURCHASE OF RAILWAY TICKETS ... : 35,386
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL : 29,618
MOBILE IN THE UK.. : 28,166
HOLIDAYS IN UKRAINE : 27,192
FAMOUS UKRAINIANS : 25,457
A TRIP THROUGH MEDYKA : 1ST... : 25,256
2017: NON-WORKING DAYS ... : 23,628